In recent years I’ve come across presentations and on-line discussions using a little-known (to me, anyway) application called VoiceThread.
VoiceThread is an interactive collaboration and sharing tool that enables users to add images, documents, and videos, and to which other users can add voice, text, audio file, or video comments. You can post your VoiceThread on your website or save it to an MP3 or DVD. (njea.org)
VoiceThread is a cloud application, so there is no software to install. The only system requirement is an up-to-date version of Adobe Flash. VoiceThread will work in any modern web browser and on almost any Internet connection.
Upload, share and discuss documents, presentations, images, audio files and videos. Over 50 different types of media can be used in a VoiceThread.
Comment on VoiceThread slides using one of five powerful commenting options: microphone, webcam, text, phone, and audio-file upload.
Keep a VoiceThread private, share it with specific people, or open it up to the entire world. Learn more about sharing VoiceThreads.
Download the App and sign into your account to:
- Capture images from your camera or upload them from your photo library.
- Flip through slides with the flick of a finger and annotate while you narrate.
- Share VoiceThreads as easily as sending an email.
- Receive notifications for new comments on your VoiceThreads.
- Access the extensive catalog of existing content on VoiceThread.com.
A single educator registration is $15/month which includes the following:
- 50 student accounts (add more at any time for $2 each)
- Create student usernames (email address not required)
- Automatically be made an editor of student work
- Manager tool to create classes and student accounts
- Custom web address to easily share public VoiceThreads