This Side of Third

…and second

It’s All About Me

Welcome to This Side of Third!  I’m Cyndi, and I teach second and third grade special education in Maryland.

This is my 20th year as a teacher, all in SpEd.  I started as a teaching assistant in a self-contained classroom for students with Severe Emotional Disabilities in PA.  I moved to Massachusetts and taught at a school for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders, then at a charter school.  I’ve been in MD since 2001, beginning in a self-contained ASD classroom, then moved to my current position as an inclusion SpEd teacher.

I was born and raised in Philly (visitphilly.com) and love Philly sports teams.  In 1991 I graduated from Slippery Rock University (sru.edu) where I was a massive band geek.  In my spare time, I enjoy reading, knitting, cross-stitch, and running (although it looks more like a limping trot).  I’m married, and we have a cat, Ally Jane, that we rescued from a hurricane.

I’m very lucky to still have both of my parents.  I’m also lucky that they live down the shore!  My sister and nephew live too far away, but I see them when I can.

Have a safe and wonderful school year!

Twitter: @ThisSideofThird

email: cmholbrook@ccps.org

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar