This Side of Third

…and second

It’s All About Me

Welcome to This Side of Third!  I’m Cyndi, and I teach second and third grade special education in Maryland.

This is my 22nd year as a teacher, all in SpEd.  I started as a teaching assistant in a self-contained classroom for students with Severe Emotional Disabilities in PA.  I moved to Massachusetts and taught at a school for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders, then at a charter school.  I’ve been in MD since 2001, beginning in a self-contained ASD classroom, then moved to my current position as an inclusion SpEd teacher.

I was born and raised in Philly (visitphilly.com) and love Philly sports teams.  In 1991 I graduated from Slippery Rock University (sru.edu) where I was a massive band geek.  In my spare time, I enjoy reading, knitting, cross-stitch, and running (although it looks more like a limping trot).  I’m married, and we have a cat, Ally Jane, that we rescued from a hurricane.

I’m very lucky to still have both of my parents.  I’m also lucky that they live down the shore!  My sister and nephew live too far away, but I see them when I can.

Have a safe and wonderful school year!

Twitter: @ThisSideofThird

email: cmholbrook@ccps.org

One Comment to

“It’s All About Me”

1. October 24th, 2017 at 2:35 am      Reply Purviben K. Trivedi-Ziemba Says:

Cindy,

I am taking Educator Personal Blog challenge. I came across your blog while reading comments on Step 5 of the challenge. I like the way you have used double sidebars to emphasis the blogroll & your achievements while keeping the tidy appearance.

I also read some of your blog posts & am a better educator because of them.

I have linked your blog to my post, http://trivediziemba.edublogs.org/2017/10/24/too-many-widgets-which-ones-to-choose/

I hope it is OK with you. If not, please let me know by emailing at trivediziemba@gmail.com and I will remove the link.

Thanks & Best wishes.

Purviben K. Trivedi-Ziemba

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar